The Importance of Your Child’s Nervous System
Chiropractic care for children is a vital component for them to thrive throughout all stages of life. I know that is a strong statement; however, it is what I’ve come to understand to be true if it is the goal of parents to raise happy, healthy, thriving children. What follows is a brief synopsis of the how and why; grab some popcorn and buckle up, this is about to get woke.
Our spine houses and protects our nervous system, which is made up of the brain, spinal cord, and spinal nerve roots. Our nervous system controls every single system in our body (whoa). If you were to ask anyone what the most important factor in a relationship is, the answer will boil down to communication. Our nervous system is the main communicator from our brain to our body, sending very specific signals to every cell, tissue, organ, and gland. Without proper communication, the relationship will present many problems and issues you may not even be aware of.
Causes of Spinal Misalignments (Nerve Interference)
Children rarely complain of symptoms and that is typically because our body is equipped to adapt to interruptions in our function. However, with repetitive stress to our bodies over time, whether those stressors are physical, chemical or emotional, our ability to adapt to these stressors decreases.
- Physical stressors can include poor posture, slips and falls, learning to crawl and walk, car accidents and sports.
- Chemical stressors come from medications, overuse of antibiotics, toxins in our food and hygiene products.
- Emotional stressors can be caused by abuse, family turmoil, bullying, peer pressure, or financial strain
All of these stressors contribute to a diminished adaptive response or what we call Subluxation. A subluxation is where the spinal bones shift out of proper alignment leading to an interference in our nervous system.
3 Amazing Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Children
- Better Sleep: I think we can all agree sleep is very important! Stress, discomfort, and dysfunction can make falling and staying asleep difficult. Chiropractic care can improve children’s sleep by alleviating these issues and help your child get the rest that they need in order to function effectively.
- Improved Mood and Behavior: Reducing interference between the brain and body by treating subluxations can foster better attitudes and improve the symptoms behavioral and learning disorders.
- Stronger Immune System: Strep, ear infections, flu…oh my! We have all hit a point where it feels like our children are ALWAYS sick. This is because their immune system is still immature. Subluxations impair neurological function and can interfere with the immune system. Correcting these misalignments with expert chiropractic care supports the child’s immune system and facilitates proper function.
Every child has the right to develop to their greatest potential and chiropractic care for infants and children plays a vital role in development. So parents’ gets those kids checked for subluxations so that way we can raise a healthier and happier generation!
Call us at 615.583.9788 to schedule a complimentary consultation for your child!